Hockey Ice Resurfacer Bursts Into Flames, Crazy Video Shows

An ice resurfacer burst into flames while being operated at a hockey rink Wednesday in Rochester, according to multiple reports.

No one was hurt.

Youth hockey players, who were not on the ice at the time of the incident, and other onlookers could be heard yelling as they watched the ice resurfacer catch fire at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex on the campus of Monroe Community College.

“How is he on there?” one person said in a video recorded by former college hockey player Russ Bitely.

Management from the arena said a hose broke, which led to fluid being leaked onto the ice, according to WHAM.

The fire immediately was put out once the ice resurfacer left the ice, Rochesterfirst.com reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s